Friday, January 11, 2008

Tales From a Young Proletarian

De Ja Vu


Quit my job again,
With no pension.

Feels like a bad case of de ja vu.
Searching websites for a clue

Of what the fuck I am supposed to do.
(and rent is past due)

Quit my girl again,
For no apparent reason.

Feels like a bad case of de ja vu.
Getting drunk and looking

For something, anything new
(an exotic bitch to screw)

Quit my sobriety again,
Ran out of an excuse.

Feels like a bad case of de ja vu.
Starting early with a brew

And a dime bag to share with you
(missed you buddy, cheers to the old crew)

Quit my life again,
I thought you knew.

Feels like a bad case of de ja vu.
The friends whom I have left,

And there are very few, dont understand all I've been through
(only you understand my point of view)


Car salesman with no car


Another lonely night at the neighborhood bar
Talking to the tender about the latest DUI
I confess
That I too have driven while drunk.

This came after the
What do you do and how much money do you make
Tasteful conversation
That weeds out the wannabes.

Me, I’m a liar,
And a damn good one at that.
So, even if I did tell the truth
She probably would not understand.

We talk about a lesson learned,
And the fines that
Emptied the pockets.
Was it a good thing?

A waitress, must’ve been close to fifty-five
Talks about a glass of wine after work
And how she was pulled over
For not signaling into her driveway.

Given a DUI,
While her grandchildren watched out the window.
Cop took a quota a little too far,
And now she can’t afford her mortgage.

It’s never the culprit’s fault.
But, at the same time...
What is a crime?
Isn’t this the land of the free?

Home of the brave.
I have no car now.
Livin’ in the city ain’t too bad;
Dealing with people that are mad.

I got this new job though,
Where I sell cars,
With no license,
And no quota.


The New-Age American Proletarian


There is a new breed of proletarians in

America today.

They are lined up in temp offices;

there resumes posted online.



They show up to the interview

in Men's Wearhouse suits,

sporting fresh haircuts,

and flashing fake smiles.



They work the phones.

Hawking FHA, VA, COSI and CODI, interest only,

and Conventional?

Loans.



They go door to door

offering FIOS and DSL, telephone lines and clientele

a handshake a smile

anything to make it worth there while.



Afterall, they work for straight commission

with no health benefits.

Which is why they nickel and dime

and don't give a shit



if they interrupt your dinner

or lunch;

meeting or business brunch.

it's just a numbers game in the end.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home